SOUND SKULPTOR MP573
The MP573 is this stunning 500-Series preamp designed by Jean-Pierre Kuhn of France, it is a two stages, single ended class A preamp, based on the design that was originally used in the Neve 1290/1073 modules, that has been adapted to the ‘500’ format of API.
Just install it in your API compatible Lunchbox rack and start recording.
The sound of the MP573, like its model is full, silky, detailed and musical, slightly larger than life, very complimentary to a digital recording environment.
The MP573 is great on vocals, acoustic instruments and generally all close miked sources that need to be pushed forward in the mix.
- Single ended class A design
- Carnhill/St. Ives transformers on input and output
- 0 to 70 dB of gain
- Switchable 300 & 1200 Ohms and line level input impedance
- Switchable first stage
- The output stage is biased in a rich Class A with 70mA of iddle current
- Fet DI input, relay switched, the signal passes through the input transformer
- Signal/Clip LED monitors clipping in both stages
- 24V supply built from the +/-16V with a linear regulator
- Controlled inrush current for lunchboxes with sensitive power supply
- Golden contacts on relays and switches
- High quality Grayhill gain switch
- High precision aluminium knobs
- Tantalum capacitors in the audio path (as in original)
- High grade 105°C low ESR electrolytic capacitors
- WIMA film capacitors
- High grade double sided PCB with plated holes
These are 100% VPR alliance compliant 500 series preamps.
Fully built to perfection in Canada with a 1 year warranty.
These can be also build to order.